Top 13 Best Hair for Box Braids
The singular thing that remains constant is changed. By this, fashion trends have also changed. However, one fashion trend that has endured over time is box hair braids. It is common mostly to persons whose hair texture is African in nature. This brings us to the question of what box hair braids are?
Best Hair for Box Braids To Go
Typically, box hair braids are known as hairstyles that look like boxes. They are plaits or three-strand braids that are divided into square-shaped sections. There have been people that have been showing concerns as to the fact that box hair braids damage one’s hair.
However, this is a misconception as box braids are a fantastic protective style. Since there is no heat in the hair, the hair will have no issues growing.
Our Top Picks Hair for Box Braids
I’m pretty sure that the question that’s on your mind now is; what is the best hair to use for box braids? The best hair for box braids are:
1. AliRobam 6Packs 18Inch 24Strands Curly Box Braids Crochet Braid Hair
Have you been looking for a hair for box braid that has no tangle, looks original and weighs little or nothing? Then this is the best hair for you.
In showing its fantastic attributes, it is a synthetic hair that comes with 3S Curly Box Braids crochet hair, and 100 real kanekalon hair extensions.
It comes in a jumpy wand Curl Jamaican bounce crochet style and is 8inches long. It also comes with 24Strands, has 6Packs/lot, and it's color is1B T27 T30, TBUG.
In addition, it does not weigh much, does not shed, doesn’t tangle, has no bad smell, and looks natural. Also, it does not take lots of time to fix it.
Perhaps you’re wondering if this hair is only restricted to some ages? No! it can be worn by anyone and for any occasion
Furthermore, it is of superior quality and has been certified by the appropriate authority
Pros & Cons of AliRobam 6Packs 18Inch 24Strands Curly Box Braids Crochet Braid Hair
2. AliRobam 24Inch Box Braids Crochet Braids Braiding Hair Extensions
Have you been searching for the best hair for box braids that can be worn anywhere and for any occasion, and you’ve not found? Search no more as this is the best for you.
It comes in three styles; crochet braids, Senegalese twist, and Havana twist hair. In length, it is 24inches, has 22Strands and has six-packs.
Also, in typical fashion, showing its quality, it has little or no weight, neither shed nor tangles and can hold for a long time.
In addition, it is completely natural, does not produce a foul odor and can be fixed easily.
Furthermore, it can be worn by anyone, of any age, and to any occasion and has been certified to be original by the appropriate body.
Pros & Cons of AliRobam 24Inch Box Braids Crochet Braids Braiding Hair Extensions
3. 6 Packs/Lot Box Braids Crochet Braids Mambo Twist Braiding Hair Synthetic
Variety, they say, is the spice of life. By this, if you are looking for a kinky hair to make box hair braids, you surely have the right hair.
Typically, the material for this hair is high temperature kinky straight fiber high quality kanekalon Senegal Braids.
This wonderful hair for box hair braids features 24roots; in length, it is 24inches and it requires a maximum of eight packs to make a full head. In addition, it is easy to fix, is beautiful, and is completely natural.
Furthermore, this box braid is more natural, and it is both economical and of high quality.
Pros & Cons of 6 Packs/Lot Box Braids Crochet Braids Mambo Twist Braiding Hair Synthetic
4. Liyate Jumbo Braiding Hair 24 Inch Crochet Hair Box Braids
As a fashion-conscious person, is what you want a hair for box braids that is charming and elegant? Do you want to make box braids and be like a queen? If so, this is the best hair for you.
The hair is made from the best high-temperature fiber synthetic jumbo hair and the hair weighs one hundred grams
In length, it is 24 inches which are long, regal and elegant making whoever wears it look charming and be the cynosure of all eyes.
It also comes in color tones 2 and 3, of which different ombre colors are available. The colors in which it comes in are made from the best technology around. Also, it can be worn anywhere.
Furthermore, the hair is easy to grab, suitable to wear, does not shed nor reduces colors and is soft, among other things.
Pros & Cons of Liyate Jumbo Braiding Hair 24 Inch Crochet Hair Box Braids
5. Ombre Kanekalon Jumbo Braiding Hair Pieces Crochet Box Braids Twist Hair Extensions
I’m pretty sure that you’ve been fantasizing about the day that you’ll wear box braids and it’ll be totally comfortable on you, right? If you’re in that position, this is the best hair for you.
This fantastic hair is made from Kanekalon Synthetic Hair and is totally comfortable to wear. In addition, it does not cost one a lot and it resistant to heat
What’s more? This hair goes a step further by not having any reducing colors, and one can wear it to any occasion
It is available in elegant colors such as tone two and tone 3 which can be worn for different occasions. You can choose various Colors Braids For Different Occasions
In quantity, it ranges between 5pcs/Lot, 95g-105g/Pcs. Fold Length 24 inches. In order to make a full head, a minimum of five is needed and at most, eight.
Pros & Cons of Ombre Kanekalon Jumbo Braiding Hair Pieces Crochet Box Braids Twist Hair Extensions
6. 7 Packs 18 Inches Medium Box Braids Hair Ombre Crochet Hair Extensions
Have you been looking for special hair for a box hair braid that is easy to fix, is of high quality and lasts for a long time? Then this hair for box hair braids is the best for you.
In typical fashion, it is made with one of the best high-temperature fiber and has a wonderful texture.
In addition, it is frothy, odorless, beautiful, soft, neat, and easy to fix. By this, it does not waste one’s time unnecessarily.
It comes with twenty packs, is eighteen inches in length of ombre hair. Generally, seven packs are sufficient for one person.
An advantageous feature that this hair for box hair braids has is that it is nice, soft, odorless and easy to fix soft with no smell. It also comes at an economical price while retaining its quality.
Pros & Cons of 7 Packs 18 Inches Medium Box Braids Hair Ombre Crochet Hair Extensions
7. SONNET Jumbo Braids Hair 3bundles/lot 300g Synthetic Kanekalon Braiding Hair Extension for Box Twist Braiding
Have you found out that most boxy hair braids that you have seen have just one color, and you’re searching for one that has vibrant colors? Search no more as this hair for box hair braid is for you.
In ensuring that the quality is uncompromised, it is made with kanekalon synthetic fiber that is of high temperature and quality.
The synthetic braids that are of top quality are smooth, soft, silky, no tangle, odorless, do not shed, nor have shades, are easy to twist, last long time, and can be reused.
Its colors are a revelation as it comes with vibrant and ebullient colors. It has color tones 2 and 3 to satisfy all those who buy it.
The packaging is also superb as the jumbo braiding hair is 3PCS/Lot, 100g/pcs, total 300g each pack, and it takes between 2-3 packs to make complete box braids for one person.
Pros & Cons of SONNET Jumbo Braids Hair 3bundles/lot 300g Synthetic Kanekalon Braiding Hair Extension for Box Twist Braiding
8. Goddess Box Braids Crochet Braids
Are you willing to stand out and be distinct amongst all? Do you want to be the cynosure of all eyes wherever you go because of your box braids? Then this is the best hair for you.
This hair is one of the best in that it gives one a completely unique and special look, making one stand out from the crowd.
Do you know what’s more? It is completely easy to fix as it is totally handmade, smooth, compact, soft, lightweight and looks completely natural.
In maintaining its high quality, it can be used for a total of six weeks without losing its shine. Also, the hair is very soft to touch, comes is vibrant and stylish colors, and can be worn either daily or for parties.
Pros & Cons of Goddess Box Braids Crochet Braids
9. 7 Packs 18 Inch Box Braids Crochet Braids
Have you been hunting for hair for box braids that are soft, very durable, and is very neat? Then this is the best hair for box braid you can get.
It is made with one of the best hair for box braids because it is made with fiber subjected to high temperature.
Also, the hair has no weight, is odorless, very soft, neat, and is very easy to fix, among other things.
The hair typically features 20 roots/Packs and is 18inches in length. Normally, it takes Usually 7 Packs Full a Head.
Pros & Cons of 7 Packs 18 Inch Box Braids Crochet Braids
10. 7 Packs 18 Inch Medium Box Braids Crochet Hair Extensions
Have you been wondering what hair you could use for the next box hair braid you want to do? Do you want your hairstyle to exude confidence and beauty? If your answer is yes, this is the best hair for you.
The hair does not go below the top-notch standards adopted the world over as it is made with high-temperature fiber.
Also, the hair is beautiful, odorless, and soft, among other things. Furthermore, it features twenty roots, is eighteen inches in length and normally takes seven packs to make one person’s hair.
Pros & Cons of 7 Packs 18 Inch Medium Box Braids Crochet Hair Extensions
11. 7 Packs 14 Inch Medium Box Braids Crochet Hair Extensions Synthetic Hair Crochet Braids
Do you want to look different? You want to do box hair braids, but you want it to stand out without breaking the bank? Then this is the best hair for you.
In showing its quality, it is made with high-temperature fiber. Asides this, it is completely breathtaking, odorless, soft, very neat and does not take time to fix.
The hair comes in 20 roots/Packs, are 14inches in length and the number required to make a full head is usually seven packs.
Pros & Cons of 7 Packs 14 Inch Medium Box Braids Crochet Hair Extensions Synthetic Hair Crochet Braids
12. FreeTress Synthetic Hair Crochet Braid Medium Box Braids
Promise you are looking to the assessment prior you like to spend cash on buying box braids crochet hair. We are offering the top best box braids crochet hair to settle on a special choice.
The condition of the product is great, and it arrives very early. The price of the product is reasonable. Free trees are consisting of exclusively developed to same as the touch along with the feel of human hair. Please enjoy bounciness and smoothness of the fine product.
13. 18″ Hand Crochet Braids Hair Box Braid Style Senegalese Extension
Crochet Braids Hair Box Braid Style Senegalese. This is not human hair. Synthetic hair!!! For a full head, two packs are enough. It is naturally soft texture. The crochet loops are wonderful size. Simple to install and perfect length.
How does one wash box braids?
Most times, a lot of people make the mistake of thinking box braids are the same as cornrows. However, they are distinct from each other as box braids seem box-like when made.
In order to ensure that your box braid keeps shining, it is recommended that one washes it once a month using shampoo and conditioner. It is important that before washing the hair, one makes it wet, and after washing it, one applies natural oils and leave-in conditioners it in order to make it look shiny.
How do Box Braids work?
The process of making box braids is a rather intricate process that involves three processes namely: preparing one’s hair for braiding, sectioning the artificial hair and attaching the artificial hair
In preparing the hair for braiding, shampoo and conditioner are first applied to the hair. This is to ensure that the hair extensions attach properly. Afterward, the hair is allowed to dry and then detangled with a comb. After doing this, it is recommended that one blow-dry his or her hair if curly and to trim the edges if they are dry. After this has been carefully done, once can then, using a wide-toothed comb divide one’s hair into four box-shaped sections. Afterward, you can then apply oil to prevent frizz.
After preparing the hair, you can then divide them into sections which will then lead to the process of attaching the artificial hair
What type of Hair should one buy?
In this case, preference is key. However, it is recommended that whichever one you will get, ensure that it is of top quality.
How to style box braids?
Box braids can be fashioned in a number of beautiful ways namely:
How long should one keep in Box braids
At most, box braids should spend two months. It is recommended that at the expiration of the maximum of two months., one should take it out to prevent hair damage.
What Are Box Braids?
Box braids are very dear to the African and African American hair is that it is associated with the hairstyle. If you like to make the box braids, you have to need the hair into boxes, and every section is braided from the box all the way down.
Box braids may be wronged for corn rows or vice verse. Please do, not make the rookie mistake. The difference between cornrows and box braids is that cornrows are braided from the scalp. Moreover, the braids of the box begin from the boxes of the hair of the scalp.
Black people especially women sometimes men like the twists and braids. They are very famous for having protective hairstyles. They save the hair from the elements and need not regular maintenance.
Here is the picture of some of the specific protective hairstyles. You will see how they seem and how they differ from.
How Can You Style Box Braids?
Divide your hair into four sections
You have to make four boxes like sections: the front right, at the front, left, the back right and the back left. Keep the first section you desire to work for undone. You can use 3 big hair clips to set the remaining three sectors out of the way.
- The section does not require being a box like per se; they require dividing parts with defined edges.
- You cannot make a section of your hair by using your fingers only. It is better for you to employ a wide toothed comb to take help. Escape through fine tooth combs as they can make mats and knots for your hair.
Secure synthetic hair to this pinch, if desired
You may choose box braids with real and natural hair or with extensions. As you like to use synthetic extensions, this is the time to wrap a section of synthetic hair for your real hair.
- Skin away a piece of synthetic tresses from the package. You have the opening to expand synthetic hair to get ordinary and longer looking. You may tidy it as a shorter span as hoped.
- Twist the pinched section of synthetic hair in half, making a horseshoe or good thing down U-shape
- Section the pinch of valid hair into 3 sections. The axis section must be only thicker than the right and the left section.
- Keep the mixture of extension on the center slice of your hair. The last of the addition may overlap with the left and right sections of your true hair.
- By this manner, create a single braid for your hair. Cross left part beneath the center part. Then draw the right part beneath the center part, finishing a solitary braid.
- The extension must be danger free now. Re-distribute the locks in the pinched off a segment to make 3 sections equal in a length and thickness.
Braid the first pinch
You have to divide the first pinch of the locks surely in 3 sections as you braid. It makes the hair neater braids, smoother which may be greatly simplified to remove them.
- Continue to braid your hair by carrying the left subpart of your hair beneath the center section, chasing the right subsection of locks beneath original center section.
- Braid your locks to the way down to the last of the pinched parts.
- Use more extensions as needed. As the first group of synthetic extensions would not ensure your desired length of hair. You may braid more of extension hair in this section quickly when you sense the braid becomes thinner. Add some new portion with remaining braids by braiding them with the similar procedure you applied to the beginning of the braids.
Decide if or not to tie your braids off
The braids are tighter to put on their own except the use of hair elastic. As you like more security for your hair, you can use hair elastic to the end of the braid. It is very helpful as your lock is very smooth instead of kinky and thick.
- Applying hair elastic may cause divide ends and leave damage to the hair. Therefore it is better not to use the elastic if you can.
- You may seal the finish of natural and synthetic hair by rapidly loosening ends inside boiling water. There is also a different way to seal the ends that are burning off ends by a braid sealer or lighter. Cut the whole of your braids area as you take your braids out to unbraid them simply.
Repeat for the rest of your hair
Here you finished one braid. The remaining braids must be created in the same manner. Do the same process as long as your whole head of hair is braided.
- Every Haggard off part of the lock is the identical length. Rather than the braids would be bumpy by the schedule, you terminate them.
- Braiding a total head may range from four to twelve hours, view of Breanna Rutter of HowToBlackHair.com. The time relies on your speed and skill or that of the stylist, the number of braids or boxes you hope, the length of the braids, as you like to select braid in extensions. Another factor may affect the braiding procedure time. There are some techniques you can use it like Yolanda Renee in her Poetic Justice Braids tutorial on Youtube or amalgamation of colored extensions to flavor up the get up of braids.
- Conscious of your time. The whole procedure will take some time. You will make it longer as you move the way by the braids and need to redo them.
How Do Box Braids Work?
Almost all braided hairstyles apply natural hair. The braids are expanded in size; box braids apply synthetic hair that is best compared the small size of micro braids. Now and then three stand braids need two braiding stylists to complete the finish look.
African box braids and hair braiding along with cornrows are famous for summer and winter months as they are versatile and low maintenance. It saves the hair from excess brushing, styling, and combine. Moreover, it helps from hair breakage.
Heat styling tools similar to curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers may dry the hair and may cause the hair loss if they are not properly used.
Long box braids may be created with loose bulk hair and synthetic hair extensions in various colors. The range of the braided hairstyle, the easier it to wear in an updo ponytail and bun.
There are different types of box braids which are as follow:
- Philly (which are usually long enough to have the ends loose and crimped or wavy)Medium
Watch How To: BOX BRAIDS For Beginners! (Step By Step)
Best Hair for Box Braids (FAQs)
1. For the7 Packs, 14 Inch Medium Box Braids Crochet Hair Extensions Synthetic Hair Crochet Braids Kanekalon Jumpo Braiding Hair 20 Strands/pack, will the 7 pack be enough?
Of course! 7 packs box braids crochet hair will be full enough. In fact, you can order this crochet braids hair confidently. It is important to point out that you do not need to buy more than you need so as not to result in wastage.
2. For the AliRobam 6Packs 18Inch 24Strands Curly Box Braids Crochet Braid Hair Ombre Kanekalon Synthetic 3S Goddess Box Crochet Braids Braiding Hair Extensions for African Braids What size are the braids? Are they small, medium, or large?
Typically, the braids are medium. It is an 18inch box braids hair and its diameter is 0.8-1cm. However, depending on preference, if you wish to go for either the medium or large one, you could go for other types.
3. For the 6 Packs/Lot Box Braids Crochet Braids Mambo Twist Braiding Hair Synthetic Kanekalon Jumpo Box Braids Brading Hair Extensions 24 Roots/Pack, how can one attach the closure to the head?
You can attach the closure to the head by sewing in your closure. However, if you want to glue it, you will have to use the best in order to prevent hair loss. Again, it is recommended that this is done by a skilled stylist.
4. For the SONNET Jumbo Braids Hair 3bundles/lot 300g Synthetic Kanekalon Braiding Hair Extension for Box Twist Braiding with 10pcs Free Decoration Dreadlock Deads, how can one seal the ends?
One can seal the ends by stretching the ends so they are thin. Afterward. one can braid them to the end; they just stay. However, if one dips the end in boiling water, it will seal them.
5. For the AliRobam 24Inch Box Braids Crochet Braids Braiding Hair Extensions 22Strands 6 Packs Ombre Synthetic Hair Honey Blonde 3S Box Crochet Braid Hair (3S box braids, DarkBrown-LightBrownHoney will the 6 packs be sufficient for the whole head?
Generally, a minimum of six and a maximum of eight packs should be enough to cover the whole head. It must be reiterated that you don’t need to buy too much so that it does not amount to wastage.
Final Words and Recommendations
After reviewing the top eleven box hair braids, it is evident that box hair braids have come to stay, and they have come to be embraced by lots of people. However, it is evident that lots of those that will have preferences as to the color, the type of box hair braid that they will use among other things. It is therefore advised that one should select the one that is best suitable for one’s hair and will be fitting. Also, it is advised that one should go for the products that last longer, and are odorless so as to get the value for one’s money