Awesome Guide On How to Scrunch Short Hair
Wash and condition your hair
You need to wash your hair very well to use scrunch, as wet hair is great to work for scrunch. If you attempt to scrunch your dry hair, the end will seem to be a ball of frizz. Use a volumizing shampoo that will ensure your scrunched locks texture and body.
Then use a small amount of conditioner, then be sure you have washed your hair well to resist it from being weight down for the product.
- You are under the shower and use a wide tooth comb to remove tangle from the hair at the time of using conditioner. The conditioner makes the hair tease out any tangles and may minimize the damage to hair, make it’s less prone to frizz.
- Part the hair like the way you like- at the side, down the middle, or zig-zagged by keeping in mind that scrunched hair may seem messy, and a good part that is not essential.
Towel dry your hair
Once you washed your hair stepped out for the shower, wrap the large, absorbent towel round the head for two minutes. After that unwrap the towel and then pat excess moisture from the hair.
You may do it by grabbing small parts of hair, squeezing them before the towel. This will ensure some pre scrunching curl.
- Be sure you would like to pat your hair with the towel instead of rubbing it. Rubbing them dry may cause hair breakage or damage, that leads to frizz instead of sleek or smooth curls.
- Do not make the hair very dry. You need to wet fro scrunching; you do not want it to drop as the styling product will drip out. Do not use a hair dryer to remove more moisture, as it will dry quickly and leaves a straightening effect on the hair and makes the curl scrunch.
Method one: Use your favorite shampoo and rinse out conditioner
If you like to develop the natural texture, use the enhancing product mix such as PhytoCurl that aids a styling spray or define curls that were originally developed for scrunching, creating waves or blow drying.
Remove all the shampoo and conditioner from the hair totally
Remove excess water from hair carefully. Do not rub wet hairs. Apply a combination of technique to remove excess water and blot strands with the towel.
Use hair product on the end of the strands or in the middle of the strands. Do not use the product on the root as it will add volume to the hair.
Do not be fearful of the layered product to obtain the excellent look. You would like to enhance the texture and block frizz simultaneously. This is possible to make the glaze, mousse or paste.
If the hair is well prepared for your desired styling products, use your both hands to the side of around your hair and scrunching the apart section of hair.
You may use the blow dryer or long finger diffuser to set scrunched sections. If you use it, you should use low speed to escape blowing out the newly formed texture. The best way to use the long diffuser is to rest on the base of the bowl.
Scrunching is just like the crumpling up a piece of paper. Select individual sections of hair, squeezing the strands of the fingers and after that crumbling, the last of the stand up to the roots, makes it crinkle.
Method two: Using a Diffuser
Add long finger diffuser to your hair dryer. The attachment will aid to keep the curl intact by lessening straightening or pulling effect of blow drying. The long diffuser has cup or bowl to sit at the time of drying and permit small movement or creates less frizz.
Turn on your hair dryer and use the lowest temperature settings. Use a diffuser; you can set the desired heat and speed to set low temperature.
The low temperature will save the hair from burning, and the hair sits on the diffuser, near to the heat source. The low speed minimizes the air movement and prevents frizz.
Dry the hair. Start the hair dryer on and use the flow of water upwards, the lift the roots. Hold a section and scrunch the hair up to the scalp, hold it with the finger to the diffuser as long as it dries. Rotate the diffuser with the circular way.
Then take another section and do the same thing, up to dry all the hair. Do not forget to move the head upside down for drying the underside.
Use some hairspray or gel. If the hair is dry, you may spritz it with some hairspray to keep the curl in the fixed place; demi size gel will give the curls some definition.
Scrunching for a natural look
- Wash the hair with the same procedure. Apply clarifying shampoo and then skip the conditioner. As the hair is damage and may not afford to skip the conditioner, you may use the light tone.
- The hair will get natural wave after washing it. Do not brush the hair to lose it.
- You may use a microfiber towel to make the hair dry. Escape from the dripping wetness and keep it damp as the hair will very dry it would not scrunch.
- Shake the head to flip the hair upside down. Use finger to comb the hair, start from the scalp.
- Keep your hand underneath the hair, begin moving from the back as well as forth. Before using any product, it will make the hair wave formation. This will also aid to reduce the time to make the hair dry after using any product.
- Hold your head up and use the styling product. This may be mousse, hair gel or curl activating sprays. For avoiding too much on your head, take some on your hand and use on your small sections as you practice back as well as forth scrunching speed.
- As you like to have a natural look, do not use any spary after you have done it.
- Wait to make the hair air dry. Do not use your hand on your hair. Any distrubance may pull or the waves of your hair and would create messed up appearance. To make the hair scrunch toucn only for one time. They would ensure some more weaves.